Our Reading Lists | 2020-2021


I was going to film a YouTube video showing what my kids and I are reading this school year, but not all of the books are printed books. In an effort to continue in minimalism, we have decided to do mostly digital going forward. I have always been in the "we love minimalism, but don't touch my books" camp. Ha! And know many of you are just like me in that way. However, the thing I hate packing and moving each time we move is.... books. They're heavy and we each end up with only 1 box of personal items and then - I'm not kidding - 30 BOXES of books. Minimum. That is after getting rid of many of them to lighten the load. To be honest, it's starting to wear on me and my children. Our kids and I read a ton of books per year. 

So we will be moving a lot of our books to kindle format and keep just a handful each of meaningful books we want to keep. Most of these end up being reference books or books that hold a special place for each of us. I'll record a video this weekend as I box up at least two bookshelves full of books for donation and giveaways! In case you aren't subscribed, here is our YouTube Channel : here

Additionally, I want to get back to more blogging versus social media. Let's call it, back to basics. The kids read about 1-2 books per week so it's usually a long list and they have already finished about half of these lists thus far. The books are all linked for your convenience through my Amazon links, you can purchase print or digital through them at no extra cost to you, but it does help support my work. 

Also, if you're in the market for an e-reader, we are getting the kids each one of these for Christmas : Kindle - the one without ads.


Lorelai's Reading List | 10/11th Grades


Breezy's Reading List | 8th Grade

* We used this for Marine & Ocean Science in Year III of Salt and Light Homeschool, but since this is Brie's passion and career goal, she does a deeper solo study of this topic. 


Everett's Reading List | 3/4th Grades


Zephyr's Reading List | Books I Read to Him


Read Aloud List 



No comments

Comment Box Only Appears on Desk/Laptop Computers, Not Mobile. Working to Fix, but no Answers Yet.